Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lake Oconee

As promised:

We arrived at the lakehouse last Saturday afternoon, and it was lovely :) Pretty view of the lake, roomy downstairs, comfy couches (perfect for reading, lounging, napping, all the things that I did on our vacation!) ... very nice. Here's an outdoor view in the evening.



Then on Sunday, it was Father's Day. Mark's dad sadly had to go to work, and we didn't do much during the day (basically lounged, read, napped, you know the drill), but that night, Mark grilled steaks and we had a lovely dinner :)



On Monday, it was off to the lake (and that's where we stayed for the rest of the week...)

Kelly and I on our first day on the lake :)


Thomas and Mark go canoeing! (Kelly and I followed later, and I almost drowned in the floor of the canoe while trying to climb in. Unfortunately, there are no pictures of that...)



Mommy brought Ninny (my grandma) down to the water - you'd think that she'd be burning up in that long sleeved shirt and long pants, but she stayed cold all week. She was quite comfortable outside in the 90-degree heat... go figure.


Next day: Kelly and I in our matching skirted swimsuits!


Mommy and Daddy down at the lake :)


Later that day: I learn to drive the boat! Yay!


Skinner family photo!


Later, Kelly and I get a bit silly...





And later in the week, we get to watch Thomas show off his impressive wakeboarding skills :)






And that's that. We were there for 6 days, and it was lovely and restful and nice :) And now I'm back to reality, and the craziness that is my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment