Wednesday, May 5, 2010

T-minus 3 days and counting...

The events of the upcoming days have me so excited I'm doing a little dance inside :)

Today, we're spending the afternoon with Dona, a nurse practitioner who I work with, and her husband. They just got a new German Shepherd puppy that Mark is DYING to play with, so they invited us over :) We're going out on their boat and grilling out this evening, and it should be a really fun time. I really like working with her, and it'll be nice to get to know her better outside of the work environment.

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to finish my packing (I'm nearly done already!) and try to tidy the house up a bit before we leave. I hate coming home from vacation to a messy house. Tomorrow afternoon we have eye doctor's appointments, and after that we're headed down to Griffin.

We'll spend Thursday night and do Mother's Day stuff on Friday, and hang out with Mark's family. It'll be nice - we haven't seen them in quite a while. And then Saturday morning, they're driving us to the airport, and we'll fly to Miami, where our cruise ship is docked. We sail out that afternoon!! I can't wait :)

I can't believe that in 3 days, we'll be boarding our first cruise ship, on our way to Jamaica and Grand Cayman! White sand beaches, Dunn's River Falls, Mai Tais on the beach with a book and a big umbrella....

Mmmm, tropics, here we come!

(And, to be safe, I stocked up the other day on some new sunscreen. It's Neutrogena Sport, and it's SPF 100+. I know that people say that SPF much higher than 30 doesn't really make all that much difference, but there's another sunscreen ingredient in these that there isn't in the others, and they're at higher percentages, and I'm sure they'll probably give me some other type of cancer besides skin, but we'll be right at the Equator, and I've already been sunburned bad enough once this year, and the higher the number of SPF, the better my peace of mind. Longest run-on sentence ever. My plan is to be as pasty white when I get back as I am when I leave... Strange plan, I know, but if any fellow redheads read this blog .... you understand.)

No comments:

Post a Comment