Sunday, October 18, 2009

Roasting, and Mrs. Norris (please note that the two are unrelated...)

Of all the different types of cooking, one of my very favorites is roasting. Tonight, for instance, we're having roast chicken with apples, and roasted carrots and potatoes with olive oil and rosemary. Yummmm. Roasting screams FALL to me, for some reason. I don't know if it's the savory-ness, or the warmth, or what, but it's just so, so good.

I've made quite a few yummy dinners here lately, if I do say so myself. Last week, it was slow-cooker week, with cranberry pork roast, roasted veggies (see, I told you I love roasting), and then turkey rosemary veggie soup. Then yesterday, I made pasta with shrimp, zucchini, and peppers in a yummy cream sauce. And tonight it's the chicken. Yummm. Hannah's also coming over this week, and I'm going to have tea and scones with clotted cream - Yumm again! Good food makes me happy - my belly, my tastebuds, and my heart :)

In an entirely different vein - my kitty cat has been extremely clingy lately. Every time I sit down with a book, or my computer, she immediately climbs up in my lap (in front of said book or computer) and begs for a cuddle. And then she curls up and either falls asleep or pretends to :) It's cute, but difficult to type with a kitty in your lap. This is her:

(not the most becoming picture of her ever...)



Here's a better one of her under the Christmas tree last year:



Isn't she cute? That's my baby.... (She likes me more than Mark. It makes him jealous.) She is the best cat EVER :) Soooo sweet - I just wish she wasn't quite so shy around strangers, because nobody knows how sweet she is but me and Mark. Precious kitty. I love her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment