Monday, November 9, 2009

It's (almost) the most wonderful time of the year...

It is a good morning.

I slept in until about 7:30 (hello, morning person once again!), and woke up with the sun. I read in bed for two hours. (I'm currently reading The Lord of the Rings, which is lovely and wonderful.) I woke Mark up half an hour later than I was supposed to (oops.) And I came downstairs, and made mini blueberry muffins, which just came out of the oven.

Last night was also fantastic, as Waranya invited us over to dinner with all the girls. We got to eat with all of them - Waranya, Hannah, Caitlin, Sheila, and Liz. Hannah made soup (yummy, yummy potato, ham, and cabbage soup ... sooooo good and warm) and Waranya did a salad and some yummy (and healthy!) applesauce muffins. I miss them. Their house is gorgeous, and their hearts are warm and welcoming, and it was perfect after my day of work. (A crazy morning, but it calmed down toward the afternoon, and was a really good day.) They also invited us to a potluck Thanksgiving dinner at their house in a couple weeks, which sounds AMAZING.

This week, I'm nursing for dollars on Tuesday, and then we may go camping Thursday and Friday. I work the weekend, and on Monday I'm Nashville-bound!! I'm there through Friday morning, and then that Saturday is the dinner at the girls'. I work that day and Sunday, have two days to wash clothes/pack, and then we're off to Gainesville for Thanksgiving with Mark's parents. Then I work the weekend again, wash more clothes and pack more, and the next Thursday and Friday will be Thanksgiving with my family. December will be full of Christmas stuff (obviously)... The next two months are just going to whiz by. I decided not to sign up for any extra work days in December, since I'm expecting to be busy or gone all month, but in January, I'm making up for that with 3 extra shifts that month :) I love this season so much - full of friends and family and lovely smells and food and decorations!

And speaking of food - time to grocery shop. Those blueberry muffins are the only food I have in the whole house, and I need to get stuff for this week. Busy, busy, busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment