Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Update, and a blog award!

Good morning, and happy Hump Day to everybody!

I'm caught up on my blog-reading, and I've got 15 minutes before Mark's alarm goes off and I need to go downstairs and make breakfast. Plenty of time for a morning post :)

Update on yesterday's goals:
They were lofty. What I did get done was good - the kitchen is pretty spotless, our dining room area is much cleaner, I've transcribed recipes to index cards that will actually fit in my (once-again-bulging) recipe box. I did about 20 loads of laundry. (Okay, maybe more like 6.) I washed the sheets and made the bed. And put away all my shoes. (A big deal, if you've ever seen my house - they just wander out of my closet and place themselves all over the floor!)

Also some sad news - yesterday morning, I found a hole in our fitted sheet. We've had these sheets for the three years we've been married, and Mark loved them so much that we didn't switch them out much - I just washed them and put them back on the bed. (How do all of you do your sheets? Do you rotate, or wash and re-use?) The hole is where Mark's knees are, I think - we're both stomach sleepers - and it was one of those holes that was obviously just worn through. The fabric around the hole is also threadbare. We've worn our favorite sheets out!! Sadly, a replacement set would be $90 - and we aren't willing and also can't afford to do that. So, it's back to the good old (super soft) beech sheets for now.

OH, and I almost forgot - I got a blog award!


It's from Chloe at My New Life as a Housewife - she's super sweet, and she lives in Spain! Go check her out :)

The Rules:
  1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself.
  3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason!
  4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award! I’m sure they’ll be thankful.
And the 7 things about myself:
  1. I am developing a love for different vegetables that I never thought I would. We're trying to incorporate a lot of vegetarian meals into our diet (cheaper AND healthier), and I'm loving it so far!
  2. I've also developed a really intense love for eggs and egg-based dishes in a very short amount of time. (Thanks, in part, to my BFF Elissa!)
  3. I am learning patience in this particular season of my life. I love where we're at, and I love Mark and my job and I'm so, so thankful for my schedule... but I want to settle so bad it hurts. I want a house, and I want for Mark to find a job, and I want to stop moving all the time. But I'm trying to remember that it will come in time.
  4. I love to listen to my husband laugh.
  5. I haven't been shopping (for anything but food) in months. And I'm okay with that.
  6. I am trying to decrease the amount of sugar in my diet. It is hard. You have no idea. But I've gone two days now without desserts! Yes, I am addicted to sugar.
  7. I am, by nature, a whole bunch of contradictions. (Really lazy, but still type-A in some instances. Extremely passionate, but passive-aggressive. Passive-aggressive in and of itself. Messy, but calmer and happier when things are neat. The list goes on.) It causes me a fair amount of inner-turmoil. At 25, I'm still trying to learn how to deal with that.
And the 15 lovely bloggers I choose:
  1. Alison @ A Pair of Aviators
  2. Alfie @ Coffee and Stilettos
  3. Ashley @ have heart
  4. Lilly @ A Pre-Life Crisis
  5. Becca @ Adorable Optimism
  6. Emmy @ Emmy, In Progress
  7. Kelly @ Kelly S.
  8. Lacey @ mille baisers
  9. Mrs. Hesson @ Meet the Hessons
  10. Stephanie @ Marriage Tales
  11. Caroline @ Simply Smithwick
  12. Erica @ so very errie
  13. Chelsea Rebecca @ TRIUMPHS and blunders of a KOOKY gal
  14. Amy @ Just Add Walter
  15. Sarah @ EatWell.LoveMuch.LaughOften.
So there you have it! Hope everybody has a fantastic rest of the week!

5 comments:

  1. :)
    I'm also a bunch of contradictions! I hate that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, thanks for the award!

    and fyi, i just wash and reuse. i guess thats what happens when you have expensive taste and can only afford one sheet set at a time. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. seems like I had the same day as you yesterday. I did 7 loads of laundry!! It took ALL day. And clean everything. Your poor sheets. Use to I would wash and change out my sheets. But since we moved we are sleeping on our queen bed instead of full and I only have 2 pairs of queen sized sheets, one of which I don't like. I just don't want to dish our the money to buy more sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the award, girlie!
    this will be fun. and I don't have any wisdom to give you about sheets...but can you find the same sheets and just buy them? they sound too good to really replace!

    xoxo
    becca

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS ON THE AWARD!!!
    woohoo!
    and thanks so much for passing it on to me! that absolutely made my day!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete