I'm caught up on my blog-reading, and I've got 15 minutes before Mark's alarm goes off and I need to go downstairs and make breakfast. Plenty of time for a morning post :)
Update on yesterday's goals:
They were lofty. What I did get done was good - the kitchen is pretty spotless, our dining room area is much cleaner, I've transcribed recipes to index cards that will actually fit in my (once-again-bulging) recipe box. I did about 20 loads of laundry. (Okay, maybe more like 6.) I washed the sheets and made the bed. And put away all my shoes. (A big deal, if you've ever seen my house - they just wander out of my closet and place themselves all over the floor!)
Also some sad news - yesterday morning, I found a hole in our fitted sheet. We've had these sheets for the three years we've been married, and Mark loved them so much that we didn't switch them out much - I just washed them and put them back on the bed. (How do all of you do your sheets? Do you rotate, or wash and re-use?) The hole is where Mark's knees are, I think - we're both stomach sleepers - and it was one of those holes that was obviously just worn through. The fabric around the hole is also threadbare. We've worn our favorite sheets out!! Sadly, a replacement set would be $90 - and we aren't willing and also can't afford to do that. So, it's back to the good old (super soft) beech sheets for now.
OH, and I almost forgot - I got a blog award!
It's from Chloe at My New Life as a Housewife - she's super sweet, and she lives in Spain! Go check her out :)
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason!
- Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award! I’m sure they’ll be thankful.
- I am developing a love for different vegetables that I never thought I would. We're trying to incorporate a lot of vegetarian meals into our diet (cheaper AND healthier), and I'm loving it so far!
- I've also developed a really intense love for eggs and egg-based dishes in a very short amount of time. (Thanks, in part, to my BFF Elissa!)
- I am learning patience in this particular season of my life. I love where we're at, and I love Mark and my job and I'm so, so thankful for my schedule... but I want to settle so bad it hurts. I want a house, and I want for Mark to find a job, and I want to stop moving all the time. But I'm trying to remember that it will come in time.
- I love to listen to my husband laugh.
- I haven't been shopping (for anything but food) in months. And I'm okay with that.
- I am trying to decrease the amount of sugar in my diet. It is hard. You have no idea. But I've gone two days now without desserts! Yes, I am addicted to sugar.
- I am, by nature, a whole bunch of contradictions. (Really lazy, but still type-A in some instances. Extremely passionate, but passive-aggressive. Passive-aggressive in and of itself. Messy, but calmer and happier when things are neat. The list goes on.) It causes me a fair amount of inner-turmoil. At 25, I'm still trying to learn how to deal with that.
- Alison @ A Pair of Aviators
- Alfie @ Coffee and Stilettos
- Ashley @ have heart
- Lilly @ A Pre-Life Crisis
- Becca @ Adorable Optimism
- Emmy @ Emmy, In Progress
- Kelly @ Kelly S.
- Lacey @ mille baisers
- Mrs. Hesson @ Meet the Hessons
- Stephanie @ Marriage Tales
- Caroline @ Simply Smithwick
- Erica @ so very errie
- Chelsea Rebecca @ TRIUMPHS and blunders of a KOOKY gal
- Amy @ Just Add Walter
- Sarah @ EatWell.LoveMuch.LaughOften.