Thursday, October 14, 2010

Exhausted at 8 AM

Mark is at the dentist. Got there at 7. Will be worked on literally until noon. My poor hubby.
Luna is being extra, extra whiny today, but she finally fell asleep beside me, and heaven knows I'm not moving right now.
I am so, so tired. I'm going to need a nap today, in a bad way.

(On a positive note: how cute are they??)


All that aside, I promised I'd do a for-real post. Here we go.

I'm a worrier. I come from a long line of worriers. I worry about money. (I worry a LOT about money.) I worry about the puppy. I worry that the cat will hate us BECAUSE of the puppy. I worry about whether Mark will find a job come his May graduation. I worry about where we will live. I worry about what to fix for dinner, what to wear. I worry about whether people will like me, accept me, love me.

I worry about a lot of things.

And sometimes I'm not very good at seeing the world through rose-colored glasses. Sometimes I'm pessimistic. Sometimes I feel like life will never be how I want it to be. I get frustrated with our situation, and sad because I don't know if it will change or not. I want too many things.

And then I watch the coverage of the Chilean mine workers being rescued from that horrible 10-week nightmare, and I feel silly. And utterly hopeful. Because sometimes, things do work out for the best when it feels like all hope is lost. And sometimes, people are good. And I am reminded how blessed I am.

I have a husband who loves me and takes care of me. We're a really, really good team. I have a family who I adore. I have friends in lots and lots of places who might as well be family. I am sitting beside a seriously adorable puppy who loves to cuddle with me. There is food in my pantry and fridge, and there is money in my bank account (even though I sometimes freak out about how little there is...) I've never been unsure of where my rent is coming from, or my next meal. We are healthy. (Mark's teeth are getting healthy as we speak.) We are young, and we have ample time to make our situation and ourselves better.

I am tired. I am imperfect. (So, so imperfect.) I get impatient. But life is good, and I am thankful for it.

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this post. I too come from a long line of worriers. You are right, it is so important for us to focus on all the good in our lives and let THAT way out over the things we worry about. Everything will be ok, everything will work out better then we ever expected, life is pretty crazy-awesome like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your puppy is so adorable!! I am a worrier too- at least we can admit it :)

    ReplyDelete