Friday, October 15, 2010

No good, very bad day :(

I know that my last post was all uplifting and all, about how we should be thankful and how I am so blessed and how I love my life and how I shouldn't worry, etc. etc. etc.

But. I'm going to be real with you guys.

It's been a bad week. Like, really bad. Like, I've had two meltdowns in the past 2 days. That hasn't happened in a while. I am stressed and I am tired and I am poor and I feel like a really awful puppy mommy.

(And I just smiled, thank God, because my amazing, funny husband with his poor swollen jowls is cutting the grass with scissors. Oh, I love him.)

I think the kicker this morning (before the REAL kicker than I'm not even going to go into) was when I was on the phone with work, discussing my schedule, while driving to my consignment appointment that I was already running late to. I got so involved and sort-of upset and a little confused that I drove right past my exit. And then drove for another SIX MILES before I realized what I'd done. And promptly started to cry.

But I am feeling better now, albeit still stressed, and tonight should be fun because Kelly and Colton are coming over, and we are eating Sweet Potato Ravioli, and I will take pictures and post them on my food blog because it is delicious and you should make it, too.

And so instead of dwelling on my stressors and issues, I'm going to play along with a quick survey that Suzy over at itwalkedonmypillow posted, and invited everyone to do. And then I'm going to go make homemade vanilla pudding for my darling swollen one.

Questions!
1. if you could take complete credit for having written any book, which book would you pick?
I think I would pick Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver, except for I wish I had actually written it, because that means that I would have gotten to live a year of food life on a farm in Appalachia which honestly sounds like one of the most delightful things a person could ever do.

2. what was the last lie you told?
"I'm doing good." My answer to a Publix lady's question of "How are you today?" Because I'm not really fine.

3. if you could be someone else for a day, who would you pick to be?


This is actually a difficult question. But I think I would be Oprah - think of all the good you could do in a day, all the money you could give to worthy causes, and still go on a shopping spree wherever you wanted!

4. do you think my ears are too big?
I honestly don't know if I've seen a picture of your ears, but I'm sure they're perfectly sized :)

5. do you think your ears are too big?

I'm fine with my ears. I do sort of wish my nose looked more like my sister's, but oh well. Can't have everything. Totally not worth plastic surgery, either.


6. favorite coffee shop drink.
Oooh, another tough question! Right now, I'm craving a pumpkin spice latte in a BAD way, but just because I haven't been able to have one (we've almost completely given up eating out in any shape form or fashion - this includes coffee. So sad.) But not in the fall, I'd say an iced latte of some sort.

7. if you had the power to be invisible, would you keep it a secret? i mean, i think i would. i think people wouldn't like to be friends with a person who had the power to be invisible.
I don't know ... because then I'd feel like I was totally eavesdropping, and no one would even KNOW, and it would seem weird. I would probably tell my husband, and my best friend, and probably my family, at least.

8. do you like discussing controversial topics, or do you like to stick to the safe ones?
It depends on who I'm having the discussion with - Elissa and I discuss controversial things all the time (and we often have differing viewpoints.) Mark and I discuss controversial things, but most of the time have the same viewpoint. Unless I know the person really well and trust them, I find it best to keep my mouth shut most of the time.

Now, off to make pudding!

3 comments:

  1. AW--i'm sorry about your weepy week. no fun at all. please do have a better weekend.
    also, thanks for playing along; good, good answers. i'll link to you right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for the bad week. keep focusing on the lovely little things. we've drastically cut down on spending (eating out or shopping etc) until i find a job, so i kinda know how you feel. but, i can't imagine all the costs associated with a new puppy. i have to keep reminding myself that it's not all about the destination, it's about the journey. (even if its not the journey you had in mind!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there girl, things will get better soon! Have fun with your sister and Colton tonight! It is always nice to be around loving family when you feel down. :)

    ReplyDelete