Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lazy afternoon

This is what my afternoon is shaping up to be:

Mark is reading in his chair for his classes on Wednesday.

My Luna baby is sleeping beside me on the couch

And we're all listening to the rain come down outside.

I love fall.

Other things I'm loving:
Mark's mom made an impromptu trip to visit and meet the puppy yesterday evening, and it was really fun, and great to see her :)
My sister is coming to visit on Wednesday, and I'm making sweet potato ravioli (aka best food EVER) for dinner. I promise, I'll do a food blog about it, because you. want. that. recipe.
My puppy might just be the cutest puppy in the world. I am totally in love with her.
I had some really really yummy pumpkin pecan cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch today. Oh, delicious.
Also, Whitney over at Glamorous Life of a Housewife is having a giveaway!! You should go check it out here :)


Things I'm not loving quite so much:
We had to take Luna to the vet today, and found that she has coccidosis (a common intestinal parasite that is common in small puppies) and roundworms (also common in puppies.) She got some medicine and also another vaccine for parvo and distemper. My poor puppy's tummy!
I'm taking Mark on Thursday morning for the first of five very intensive dental appointments - this is the most intense of them all. He gets his wisdom teeth removed, and some other pretty major (and expensive) work done. It's not going to be very fun. And I'll be making a lot of soup later this week.


Also, can I just say that I love my little puppy more than I ever thought I would? I was really excited about getting her, but I didn't realize that she would become like my child so quickly. I guess I just like having something to take care of... but the attachment came faster than I expected. I'm trying my hardest to be a good puppy mommy, but it's also harder than I expected ... there's so much that I don't know about puppies, and so much to watch out for, and so much that she still has to learn. I hardly even know where to begin with training her... But I'm quite sure that as she grows, she'll become a completely vital part of our little family :)

And speaking of our little darling ... she's begging to play right now, and I think if I don't play with her, she might chew up the entire house.

Hope everybody has a great week :)

1 comment: