Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lots of random thoughts tonight ...

Things That Are Good :)

-I love it when my kitty cuddles with me on the couch. She looks like she's hugging me right now.
-I have the best hubby ever :)
-I want to go to nashville right now and visit with elissa and all her friends. I miss her like crazy...
-I am currently on a huge Ingrid Michaelson kick. "You and I" is my fave...
oh let's get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France
let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance
let's get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants
from way up there, you and i, you and i


love it. :)
-my sister might just be quite literally the coolest person i know. she dressed up like michael jackson for spirit week at her school. how awesome is that?
-it was fall today. I loved it, even though i only spent a total of maybe 8 minutes outside (walking into work, and out of work...) through the window, it looked gorgeous :)

Also...
I love my car. I LOVE it. We have been blessed to be able to make some excellent "investment" type purchases lately (like, not food, which gets eaten and then it's gone and doesn't last....). Like our wonderful, beautiful, uber supportive, amazing bed! And my super-awesome little zippy car :) Life is indeed good here in Birmingham.

I don't think I've talked about that enough, actually. How good of a decision it was to come here. Life is better than it has been in quite a long while - we have the same amount of money (small...), but we're so, so happy here. I really miss my unit in chattanooga, and i really miss my family ... but I'm so happy being here. It's so good. Mark's school is going really well :) He's so smart, I knew it would, but it's nice to have him doing what he likes and happy and all that jazz again. We still love where we live, we're close to friends, we've found a church, we're making connections. It's good. I'm soaking it up while I can...

And speaking of soaking while we can ... I need to go get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment