Wednesday, September 2, 2009

one more week

Tomorrow, early in the morning, I have to return to Chattanooga. I mean no offense to any family members or co-workers who may be reading this ... but I am not excited about it. Leaving my blissful, daytime, bright, happy world here, and going back to work the vampire shift for 6 days is just not looking so peachy to me. Positives: Mark is coming to visit, and we're getting our hair cut on Saturday. Our family is exchanging names for Christmas, and talking/thinking about the holidays always makes me happy. Monday is my day with Mommy, which will be fun. Wednesday night, my last night at work, they're having a party for me. But even with all that, I'm just ready to move on.

And on the other hand, I'm not. It's so. weird. to think about leaving. It's the only unit I've ever known. It feels like home to me, and my co-workers feel an awful lot like family. I will miss them like you wouldn't believe. I'm nervous about starting the new job. Will they like me? Will I be good enough? I feel like I'm teetering at the edge of a cliff, and will jump next week, and I'm either going to fly, or fall. It's a scary place to be, a little bit.

I also hate to leave Andy and Suzie - it's been so, so good, being with them again - it makes Birmingham feel even more like home. But, soon enough. I just need to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment