Friday, September 18, 2009

the search is on

Today, I got a reprieve from my 6am wake-up call. So what time did I wake up? Oh yes. 6:00 on the dot :) My internal alarm clock has now been set - I just hope that when I have to switch that 6 for a 5, it doesn't reset itself...

So what are we doing this fine morning, with no intention of getting up for another couple hours? Well ... Mark is still snoozing away, but I am searching for cars.

That's right. We're looking. Currently, I have a 2001 Ford Taurus that I have never liked very much. Back about a year and a half ago, my precious VW Passat, which I loved dearly, got totaled when a too-big pickup rammed into the back of us. I DESPERATELY wanted them to fix it ... but no go. Instead, they gave us a check. Between my 12-hour shifts and the time-limit on the rental, we didn't have a whole lot of time to car-shop, so we ended up with my current car. It's okay. It runs. It's fine. But it isn't fun to drive at all, and it (now) has a TON of miles on it. Almost 200,000, in fact. And we drive my car everywhere, because Mark's is falling apart and has no air condition. (And still, he loves it. I don't understand.) We've also had to repair my car like 3 different times in the last several months, and we've spent more on it than it's worth, and Mark decided it was time for a new-to-us car. So. I'm looking...

What I really want is this:





Or this:




But we'll see. We're not in a huge rush this time, thankfully, so we can be a little pickier. And hopefully I'll get something that I really like this time...


Now it's off to the grocery store for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment