Monday, September 14, 2009

Red-less red velvet...

I'm sitting here on the couch with my sweet kitty and Andy. Mark is in class, and Suzie is napping. It's a quiet evening around here ... I like it this way. It's about to be not quiet, because I've got to leave my comfy seat and go get cupcake liners to make not-red red velvet cupcakes (because Mark hates red velvet cake, but apparently only because it's red.) I desperately wanted to make these yummy-sounding pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing, but there is no pumpkin puree in the city of Birmingham, and I am far too lazy to actually buy a pumpkin, bake it, scoop it, and puree it myself. So red-less red velvet it is, then.

Running, so far, has been good. All two days of it, anyway. Today is one of our break days, partly cause I'm tired, and partly cause it's rainy. But we're all enjoying it, and seem to be handling it well. Not that this week is hard or anything. So we'll see as we increase the distance, I guess.

So really, my life is pretty boring, but pretty awesome right now. We've played a lot of Rock Band on the XBOX, and I've gotten pretty good - I'm up to Hard on most of the guitar parts (not the super hard songs, though), and I even tried expert on one. Did not go well. We've eaten a lot of Krispy Kreme donuts, which is bad for everyone, and I've been cooking a ton lately. Andy starts his job on Wednesday, and Suzie's waiting to hear back on one, and they are moving into an apartment at the end of the month (in the same complex as ours!! Yay!!) So things are good. I'm happy. I'm going to like it here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment