Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Morning

This morning, during my quiet time, I prayed for patience. I should have known that would have been challenged the second I went back upstairs to get Mark out of bed... Oh well. At least I came out with a good attitude - I had one little snippy moment, but regathered myself, and made the most of the morning. I convinced him to stay home until he HAS to go to class tonight (didn't take a whole lot of convincing, to be honest), and made pancakes for us for breakfast. I tried a new pancake mix:


Sooo yum! I added a little vanilla extract to the batter, and paired with pure maple syrup, these pancakes are the BEST. I used to use HeartHealthy Bisquick mix - I think I've made a permanent switch :)

In other news, our kitty was being super cute this morning:





By the end of all this burrowing, I think she was getting a little tired of us ... but she was cute anyway :)

Today, I've got to get more on task. Yesterday was spent doing absolutely NOTHING productive - I had my quiet time in the morning and made dinner in the evening, and that was pretty much it. I didn't even shower... Today has started differently, at least. Clothes are fluffing to fold and I've got a load in the washer. I've made breakfast (still have to clean up those nasty dishes - I HATE cleaning the kitchen!). I'm about to call Elissa and see if we can chat about our first couple days of reading through the Bible.

It's going to be a good day. And this nasty, nasty weather will hopefully at least keep me indoors where I can maybe get some work done. We'll see...

Hope everybody has a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you...I hate cleaning the kitchen more than anything. I currently have two pots with stuck on mess on my counter that I cannot get off for the life of me!

    ReplyDelete