As always, if you want to play along, go see Lauren at the little things we do!
1. If I could choose my last meal it would be a toss up between lamb chops with mashed garlicky cheesy potatoes and veggies, and some sort of Asian-y ahi tuna salad with wasabi vinegarette .
2. My favorite person to share a meal with is Mark, because I love him and he is so, so easy to please (he likes food, period.) and Elissa, because she appreciates food the same way as I do .
3. The best meal I've ever had was ...That is such a difficult question. There was a meal in Charleston that I had, involving the best tomato soup EVER, and some sort of salmon-y something, and I remember thinking "This might be the best thing I've ever put in my mouth." Also coming to mind is every time I've ever eaten ahi tuna. It's my favorite. .
4. The one food that makes me feel instantly better when I'm having a bad day is a Baby Bite. From Pastry Art Bake Shoppe. They're these little mini-cupcakes turned upside down and drowned in buttercream. Oh. My. God. They're so good. And they make pretty much anything better .
5. My absolute specialty in the kitchen is hmmm. Also a good question. I make a mean Strawberry Buttercream Icing. Pretty much any kind of icing. And cakey-type-thing. I like to bake. Oh, but I know - my absolute specialty is this AMAZING recipe for Thumbprint cookies. I don't make them very often, because I will literally eat all of them. But they're pretty amazing .
6. The city that has the best food is Charleston. Or Savannah. Either one. and my favorite restaurant there is I honestly don't remember any!! There was this one seafood place we went to in Charleston that was PHENOMENAL... but I don't remember the names of ANY of the restaurants we ate at :( But Nashville also has some pretty rockin' food, and my favorite place there might be The Perch, which is this fantastic crepe place. SO YUM.
7. My favorite healthy snack is fruit, namely oranges, strawberries, and the occasional nectarine .
8. In my opinion the nationality which has the best food is a tie between Thai food and Italian food. How can I pick?? .
9. If I could learn to cook anything in the world (and be really good at it!) I'd choose something really impressive, like souffle. Although, I might die quickly if I cooked that very often, so maybe something healthier ... like curry dishes, especially of the Thai variety. I've still not quite mastered the art of curry (how much? what kind? paired with what? with a base of what?), but it is fast becoming one of those foods I love to eat, so being able to cook it and make it taste wonderful would be nice. .
10. The most outrageous dessert I've ever had was I don't know about outrageous, but one of the most sinful and delightful desserts I've ever eaten (and made!) is amaretto pie. It is rich, and cold, and lovely. And the homemade crust with the crushed-up almonds, I die. Yummmm. .
I love food. Can't you tell?