I really wish my kitchen counters/sink were about 4 or 5 inches higher. Maybe then my back wouldn't hurt so badly when I do the dishes....
Anyway, it was a pretty long day today. I'm coming away from it feeling much better and more productive than yesterday, though, which is good. The time for the puppy is drawing nearer and nearer, and I'm getting more stressed about ... well, everything right now. Money, the floor not being spotless, you name it...
Let's talk about things that I DID get done.
1) I made a big 'ol thrift store/Hannah Home donation today. It's needed to happen for quite some time now, and finally I just got fed up and did it. Two bags of clothes, a bag of random house-ish things (like a clock, and a big plastic bowl), a sewing basket, 2 big rolls of fabric that I shouldn't have ever bought in the first place, and a shower caddy are now gone from my house. Less clutter, hooray!
2) Mark and I both finished sorting through ALL our clothes and got rid of quite a few - some went to the donation bags, some are going to be consigned. Our closet is WAY more accessible now.
3) That storage closet I cleaned out yesterday is now pretty spotless. It makes me happy.
4) My kitchen sink is now fixed, and I cleaned out and organized the cabinet underneath it.
5) I got Mark to take quite a few other things to our storage unit - even LESS clutter!
6) I cleaned up the living room floor, and got pretty much everything chewable off of the floor, save electrical cords. I'm not sure what we're going to do with those...
So, I still have to go buy outlet protectors and cabinet locks (I swear, it's like we're adopting a toddler...), and we need to finish cleaning out the office. I forgot a few things to donate, so I need to take those tomorrow.
I know you're all tired of hearing me talk about clean this, organize that, but I PROMISE some cuteness when Luna comes home. You don't have long to wait ... just 5 more days!
Now, happy things:
I made that sweet potato ravioli tonight. Oh. My. Gosh. It was the best thing I've ever cooked, I think. And I've cooked some pretty rockin' stuff.
I get to go get in my bed soon. That makes me REALLY happy.
And final happy thing: Mark is building us a bookshelf this weekend! It'll replace the old, not-so-pretty, seldom-used wine cart that we currently have, and will be filled with my cookbooks and some of Mark's books, which tend to overflow into all parts of the house. I'll post pictures soon!