Monday, February 1, 2010

Continued

Now that I have actually been productive with my morning, I can finish blogging. I get really, really restless and cranky and jittery if I stay in bed past an hour after I wake up. So, I got up, made breakfast, ate breakfast, made my grocery list for tomorrow, did 2 loads of laundry, and folded and put away clothes. Now I can blog in peace :)

This week, I'm not working any extra days. This sort of makes me sad about how small the next paycheck will be, because I've sort of gotten used to the nice big ones. But Mark was so happy and excited when he realized that I'm home for 5 days in a row that I can't be too disappointed :) Plus, a five-day break from the chaos that work has been lately will be nice.

(An aside about Mark - he just jumped on the bed, gave me a heart attack, and then licked my face. Ew.)

So this week, I'm being a wife :) I love weeks like this, when I get to stay home and catch up on housework. I used to hate to clean. It used to stress me out to no end. Now the mess stresses me out. I don't really love to clean - but I love having a clean house, and unfortunately, you have to actually DO something to make that happen. That's what this week will be for. Also, I'm going to be cooking all week long, in support of Mark's new "change in lifestyle" diet plan. P90X comes with this nutritional guide and menu, which I'm sort of tweaking just a bit to fit us a little better, but I'm trying to follow it as best I can. Basically, it's just healthy food. The first month is a TON more meat than I usually cook, but we're working with that, and soon it will be a little more normal.

It's so funny to me that I used to be this hyper-feminist-type person in high school. I BELIEVED in things, and I wanted EQUALITY, and a CAREER, and now all I really want to do is stay at home and do crafts and scrapbook and cook and have babies. That is my dream world. We'll see ... it may happen someday. But for now, I'm just enjoying the weeks that I have off, and I'm at home. I get overwhelmed sometimes, because I get SO behind on stuff (ie LAUNDRYomg) when I work a lot, but when I just calm down and get it done, I love the results. (Although, I always, always hate cleaning the kitchen, because it gets dirty so ridiculously fast again.)

It's also interesting to me how much more productive I am in the mornings. I am NOT an afternoon/evening person - that is my rest-and-do-nothing time. I have to get things done early if they're going to get done. Which is why I get so jittery if I stay in bed too long, I think...

What time of day are you the most productive?
What is your favorite chore?
What is your least favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment