Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Married Bliss, Part 1: Getting ready, and pre-ceremony pictures

So, because Kelly over at The Startup Wife asked for some wedding pictures, and because I absolutely love all of them, I decided to do a whole wedding-picture series. Cause who doesn't love wedding pictures, right?


The date: June 9, 2007. The event: April and Mark's Wedding! The location: My house. And Ooltewah Baptist Church. And Allemande Hall.


We start at my house, where we have had a bridesmaid brunch, compliments of my amazing mother. Then it's time for hair and makeup! My darling sister does my face for me...



...and Teresa, my favorite hair-person in the world, came over as a special favor to do our hair :) She's amazing. She's like a hair-wizard!



Love this shot of my ring!



And then we're off to the church, to get ready. My maids all get in their dresses, and I get in mine. I looooooove it!



The Disney Princess Dress :)



Me and Kelly - We're almost mirror images :)



Meanwhile, over in the choir room, Mark and the guys are getting ready. I gave him a card and a present...



His wedding gift is really awesome, if I do say so myself. I took about a month and made him a scrapbook of "us" and our history - complete with pictures, journal entries, stories, quotes ... you get the picture. It still sits on our coffee table in our living room :)



Mark and his little brother, Thomas ... a little help with the tie.



Getting pinned by Perky - the lady who was essentially our coordinator for the day. She's also one of the church secretaries, and I've known her my entire life.



Our daddies - I'm glad they like each other :)



The day of our wedding was GORGEOUS, and perfect for some great outdoor shots. Aren't my girls lovely?



I love them. So much.



My Mommy and me!



Me and my parents. I love this shot of the back of my dress.



The boys.



This honestly might be my favorite picture from the entire wedding. I love it :) Especially Andy.



Mark's family :)



My handsome groom



And now comes the part where we get to see each other before the wedding :) Why yes, I do have the cheesiest grin in the world ... why do you ask?



But let's be honest - I don't think he cares. Look at his face! I love this :)



Oh man, I love him.



And oh man, he loves me :)



Families! What I think is hilarious is that both my grandmothers (left side) bought the exact same dress, unintentionally. And Mark's grandmother (right side) bought one almost exactly like those. AND they color-coordinate with my bridesmaids and my mother both. We are so, so matchy-matchy, and I love it :)




To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Also, that is SO funny and cute about your grandmothers' dresses!

    ReplyDelete