Saturday, August 22, 2009

2 down, 4 to go...

I am getting impatient. I have been in Chattanooga since Wednesday, I've worked two nights, and I have four nights of work to go, and I get to leave on Thursday. I'm getting burned out - not so much from my job, as just the situation that we're in right now. Mark makes EVERYTHING so much easier to deal with - he's like my buffer against the world, he can always make me smile and laugh and I can always count on him if I just need a hug or a cuddle ... and I don't have that, and I don't have it on the weeks that I'm the tiredest. My patience is wearing, my reserves are wearing, I don't feel well a lot of the time, and I'm just ready to move on. Patience, April, patience.

I keep thinking about how WONDERFUL working two days a week in the daytime will be.  And I can't wait for fall. I went shopping with my mom and grandma yesterday, and got a few new sweaters, and it just really put me in the mood for temperate weather and the crisp, cool air and the nostalgic feeling I always get as the leaves are turning. Thinking about fall, and Christmas, and winter in Birmingham again, just makes me so thrilled and excited, and I just really can't wait to see what this new chapter in our lives brings. I feel like I'm on the edge of something just wonderful, and I'm so excited to see what God has in store for us :)

I'm going to make it this week. Two more nights, then I spend Monday with Sarah and Thomas, which will be lots of fun, then two nights after that .. and then, back to Birmingham. (And then to Griffin, to see Mark's family.)

No comments:

Post a Comment