Sunday, August 30, 2009

Resting and Relaxing

Tonight, at least. Mark is in his chair, reading like the studious student he is :) And here I am, facebooking and blogging as usual. Tomorrow will erupt into a busy frenzy of things... I have my work physical, I need to buy groceries, I'm getting a new pair of running shoes, I need to cook, clean ... the list goes on.

Speaking of running ... I may have mentioned this before, but I've gone crazy. Somewhere Elissa and I have come up with this insane idea of entering a half marathon in the spring in Nashville. Mark says he's going to run too. (This is why we're getting new, good running shoes.) We'll see how it goes ... I'll start training in a couple of weeks, after I get back from working in Chattanooga my last week. The half marathon is at the end of April. That means I have nearly 8 months to work up to ... 13 miles. Ugh. I want to die whenever I think about that. We're going to take this one day at a time, I do believe... But, I'm trying to look on the bright side. I get a sweet pair of running shoes out of the deal. And who doesn't like new shoes? (Or maybe, we can run a lot, get in really great shape, and find some 10K to run instead?)

If anybody has any suggestions of some really great running shoes they love, I'm open. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment