Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hooray!!

What a perfect day to end my amazing week in Birmingham :)

This morning, Mark and I recovered the chairs in the dining room with a pretty blue-ish fabric with a vine-y pattern on them, and they look positively lovely now. We fixed our corner shower caddy so it will now work in our shower. Our new mattress should be here any minute now. And, drumroll please:

I got a job interview!!! I'm very hopeful about this position - the manager seemed positive about my application and resume and experience, saying that it would be nice, since I'd only have to orient for about a month (!!!) So. I'm going not this Friday but the next (stupid work schedule) and interviewing for the position, and hopefully that will be a done deal and I'll have to work 1 or 2 more weeks in the 'ham, and that'll be that. The prospect of actually having a job here and getting to live here in my lovely apartment full-time with my husband makes me excited to no end. (I hope this excitement won't be in vain - I will be so depressed if this falls through.) So pretty much, I'm going to accept the position as long as they pay me at least what I'm making now (which isn't a whole lot to expect, to be honest...) We'll see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and praying with every ounce of my being that this comes to fruition...

And now our mattress has arrived! Must go...

No comments:

Post a Comment