Thursday, August 13, 2009

Delicious-ness Ahead :)

I haven't really ever mentioned this on here before, but I'm sort of a foodie. I'm a foodie who loves to cook, Mark is a foodie who loves to eat :) So I thought I'd give the recipe posts a go - when I fix something yummy, or tried-and-true, I'll try to post the recipe (and some pictures) on here, so you can all see and enjoy. So.... (drumroll please) ... my debut of foodie posts: Angel Hair Pasta with Tomato and Basil!

Now I know what you're thinking. How boring, right? But really, there's not much that makes me happier than tomatoes and basil and garlic, and throw a little angel hair and parmesan cheese, and oh man, I'm in heaven. I like simple food - real ingredients (preferably very little to none from a box), and fairly easy recipes. So here it is:

Angel Hair Pasta with Tomato and Basil

3 Tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
6 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
3 tsp. capers (i didn't use these)
4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
9 oz. freshly cooked angel hair pasta

Heat oil in large skillet over med. heat. Add the tomatoes, garlic, and salt & pepper to taste. Saute 3-5 minutes until tomatoes begin to soften (should still be slightly firm.)



(While the tomatoes cook, have your husband chop the basil for you!)



Mix together freshly cooked pasta,



tomatoes, basil, and capers (if used)



Voila!


Serve and top with Parmesan cheese.



(we'll use this later. yumm.)



And for the bread, I always use a plate of olive oil - I put salt, pepper, rosemary, italian seasoning, and a bit of garlic powder to give it a nice flavor



Yummy baguette!!



Mark, ready to eat our yummy dinner...



And the finished product! Sooooo good :)



Hopefully, if things go well, I'll be at home doing this ALL the time, not just every other week. We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment