Sunday, August 16, 2009

A day in the life...

Housewife-ing it again today. I don't know what has come over me, but I vacuumed the entire house today. We are not having houseguests. We are not moving. (These are typically the reasons that I vacuum.) Those of you who know me probably think I'm off my rocker. I may very well be. But in the last two days, I've cleaned the upstairs bathroom (including the shower), cleaned the kitchen (twice) including the floor (once), vacuumed the house, did 3 loads of laundry (granted, they were tiny loads, as the inside of our washer is about the size of a large pumpkin), generally straightened things up...

Have I gone mad?

I think it's a combination of several things. 1)I'm getting old. Yes, I know what you're thinking - I'm only 24. That isn't old. But I feel old. And what else can you call a person who gets abnormally excited about getting a brand new vacuum cleaner for her birthday but old?? (I still LOVE my vacuum, btw. It makes vacuuming that much more fun. Why do I love it so much? It works.) I like to cook. I'm beginning to sort of tolerate cleaning. (Which is saying a lot for me.) Yesterday, I, much to my dismay, found a shirt that I am decidedly too old to wear. I look dumb in it. So ... yeah. I'm old.
2) I actually really like this place. It's the first time that I've really been proud of where we've lived - the first place was ehh, mediocre. The second, we VASTLY improved the aesthetics of, but that's not saying much. Mark's dad called it "Mark and April's Bait and Tackle shop." Not a good thing, when it's your place of residence. At least we didn't own it, and therefore didn't really have to claim it. But here - I love. It's bright, and feels roomy, particularly for an apartment (townhouse, actually.) It has these precious little wooden rails between the dining room and living room. (Those rails totally SOLD me on the place. I. Love. Them.) We have nice decorations and furnishings (aside from our OLD OLD couches, which don't even look too bad.) The lighting is good, particularly with the help of our lamps. The kitchen is small, but functional. The painting we've done, and it wasn't nearly as much as the last place, really completed the look we were going for. It's comfortable, it's quiet, it's spacious, and just... nice. Not to say that it doesn't have problems - I hate hate hate the washer/dryer, and I'm not fond of the dishwasher, and the oven is teensy and we only have one oven rack. (Ridiculous!) But ... all that is not so bad, considering what we have. So I like to keep it looking nice. Which ... makes cleaning tolerable.
3) I wanna be a housewife. Plain and simple. And the desire is growing - so therefore, so are my efforts.
4) I'm not working at all while I'm in the 'ham, as of right now. I do all my work in Chattanooga, and then I come here, and I get to play housewife for a week. So what else am I going to do besides keep things looking nice and baking? We have NO MONEY to shop with (so sad. Cause I could go nuts.) We have NO MONEY to go out to eat with (also sad, since we have friends here). So ... I cook. And I clean. And ... I like it :)

In other news, I'm still farming obsessively (particularly when I should be studying for my NRP test, which is Thursday.) I'm still (obvioulsy) blogging. I'm making a list of things to ask my potential new manager when I touch base with her tomorrow or Tuesday. And I really, really am not excited about going back to Chattanooga to work on Wednesday :(

No comments:

Post a Comment