Thursday, August 27, 2009

almost there.

Tomorrow, I get to go home. I cannot tell you how much joy this brings to my soul.

Tonight, I am thankful. God has given me so many blessings ... so many people who love me, so many wonderful opportunities to be happy, so many things to make me smile. It's unfathomable, the love and support that I have received throughout this time of being separated from my sweet hubby. So many friends offered their beds and homes for me to stay in, so many have offered me their time and a listening ear when I want to vent/complain, so many have offered me encouragement when I felt like things were never going to work out. And now that they are working out, I have just gotten this incredible outpouring of love from people who've been praying for us, from people at work wishing me well but assuring I'll be missed. People are good. I really, really believe that. I may be the eternal optimist about this, and probably wrongly so, but I can't bring myself to believe anything but that. That people, deep down, are good. (Good not in the sense that we all aren't sinful and inherently wrong and all that jazz.... but just ... good. I think they care. And want to do the right thing. And all that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment